I still have plenty of zucchini from the large vegetables that were gifted to us. In addition to the zucchini cake that was posted yesterday, I have now made some Applesauce Zucchini Bread. It is amazing! Light weight and NOT heavy as some zucchini breads can be. Trust me, when my husband shares that it is good, then I know that it does not have, what he calls “the gluten free taste” and that it is not just me who thinks it is good.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as well. Feel free to leave comments once you have tried this recipe.
Applesauce Zucchini Bread – Milk & Gluten Free
By Laura D. Field of Gluten & Milk Free Lifestyle
Bake at 350 for 60 min. – Makes 2 loaves
- 3 1/4 c. all-purpose gluten free floor
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tap. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 c sugar (3 c Stevia can be used in place of the sugar)
- 1 c plain applesauce
- 4 eggs, beaten OR 8 tsp. of egg substitute
- 1/3 c water
- 2 c grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixer (I use a Kitchen Aid), combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar.
- Once mixed, add in applesauce, eggs, water, and zucchini.
- Remove mixing bowl from stand
- If using nuts hand fold in.
- Using 2 standard loaf pans, prepare with either non-stick spray of your choosing or rub in some coconut oil.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
NOTE: If wanting to bake in the small mini loaf pans, bake for 40-45 mins.
ALSO – Health note: I personally find that using applesauce in zucchini bread, takes the heaviness in the center away, lifting the bread, while also maintaining its moisture.
ENJOY your summer harvest with this amazing bread to be enjoyed with breakfast, snack or dessert.
Laura – Gluten & Milk-free Lifestyle
Blogger, paid Freelance writer