Double Chocolate Chip Cookies – Gluten, Milk & Egg FREE
By Laura D. Field – Gluten & Milk Free Lifestyle
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. milk free butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. The Vegg (Egg Substitute) and 1/8 c water = 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free all-purpose flour (I use Bob Red Mills)
- 3 tbps. baking Cacao (unsweetened Carob powder)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Xanthan gum
- Dash salt (if desired – my preference is Himalayan or Sea Salt)
- 1/2 c. Milk, gluten & milk free Chocolate chips (I use Enjoy). For those with chocolate sensitivities, use unsweetened carob chips.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter substitute with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, or mix with spoon.
- Add in in vanilla and egg substitute and continuing mixing.
- Stir in flour, cacao, baking soda, Xanthan gum, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set (do not over bake).
- Cool at least 1 minute before moving to wire rack to cool.
Be well and enjoy healthy options!!
Laura – Gluten & Milk-free Lifestyle
Blogger, paid Freelance writer