Many enjoy a good Banana Bread, yet some gluten free recipes are not so “tasty”. I’ve tried a few and have decided to work my own recipe out to get something that works nicely for our family. I think the added touch of cinnamon sugar on the top makes for a nice finished taste.
GLUTEN AND MILK FREE BANANA BREAD
Bake 350 degrees F – 1 hour – Makes 2 full sized loaves
- 5-6 ripen banana’s
- 2/3 c non-dairy butter substitute such as Earth Balance, softened
- 1 1/2 – 2 c sugar (I used 2 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 c all purpose gluten free flour
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degree F
- Grease 2 bread loaf pans with milk-free butter substitute or coconut oil spray and then set aside.
- Place banana’s in mixer and mix until well blended
- Add butter substitute, sugar, eggs and vanilla and continue to blend until smooth
- Grease two bread pans with milk-free butter substitute or coconut oil spray
- Evenly pour batter into each bread pan
- Sprinkle the batter with cinnamon sugar prior to putting pans into oven
- Bake 60 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Use a toothpick to be sure it is cooked through – If toothpick does not come out clean, put back in oven for 5-10 min.
- Cool, in pan on rack
- Remove from pan once cooled, then sliced into pieces.
Enjoy a slice of this moist banana bread with a cup of tea (or for those that simply need caffeine, you daily coffee). If made the evening before to enjoy with breakfast, a few seconds in the microwave would warm it up nicely. I personally found that this is the best banana bread that I have had in a long time! Let me know your thoughts when you finish baking your bread 🙂
Hoping that you continue to enjoy the tried and true recipes I share. If they do not pass the family taste test, it will not be added to the recipes shared here. Enjoy!!
Laura – Gluten and Milk Free Lifestyle
Laura D. Field
Reflective Tapestry of Life
Writer, Blogger, Proofreading & editing, Freelance contributor