One thing that I do throughout the year is stock up when Banana’s go on sale, in addition to stocking up on blueberries during the picking season. Sure, as everyone else, I will occasionally make Banana Bread, but one thing that I have come to really enjoy is this Banana Blueeberry Dessert.
This can serve two people, yet you might discover that it is so good you might not want to share 🙂
For me, since I cannot enjoy a Wendy’s Frosting without an upset stomach within a half hour, I decided to be creative in creating something a little healthy yet at the same time, the same frozen consistency.
- 2 medium frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk – today I used So Delicious Brand
I have a Ninja Blender which works really well, but I’m sure other blenders will provide the same consistency, but be sure to blend on the ice setting to start!!
- Put Frozen bananas and blueberries into your Ninja (blender) and mix with your ice setting until it is all mixed well.
- Add your coconut milk and mix with the frozen fruit using the blender setting.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!!
That’s it!! Simply, easy and healthy.
Tonight was one of those nights where neither my husband or I were interested in cooking, nor really hungry. He opted for a sandwich using some homemade Raspberry/Blackberry jam that I made today, while I took to enjoying this. And yes, I ate both servings 🙂
- Use blackberries or raspberries in place of the blueberries
- If you do not like coconut milk, consider using almond or soy. Rice milk I would expect to be too watery.
NOTE: I have not tried freezing the second serving for another evening dessert. If I try this, I will be sure to post an update. If you try before me, be sure to share your results. I personally would be interested in knowing, and I’m sure other readesr would as well.
Benefits: Antioxidants, fiber, potassium, etc…a very healthy option for dessert (and for those evenings you are not really hungry and desiring a full meal 🙂 )
Enjoy!! Being gluten and milk free does not mean you have to sacrifice taste,
Please post your comments 🙂 I would love to hear from you!!
And, if interested, be sure to follow on Facebook
Laura D. Field
Reflective Tapestry of Life
Writer, Blogger, Proofreader, Freelance contributor