Gluten & Milk Free Peanut Butter Crispy Treats
I changed up our old recipe, adding some peanut butter, providing a less boring treat.
~ Makes 16 squares ~ Use a 8″ square glass baking dish ~ Wax paper for pressing ~
- 3 Tbls. Earth Balance Butter substitute
- 1 bag (10 oz) mini marshmallows (4 cups)
- 3/4 c smooth natural peanut butter
- 6 cups rice cereal
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish and set aside (I use what might be left in the measuring cup, with either a paper towel or wax paper to spread on baking dish
- Melt your Earth Balance spread (butter substitute) in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Quickly add the peanut butter and stir well.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the cereal and stir until well coated
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared dish using wax paper a little larger than the dish (this makes it easier to evenly press into the pan)
- Allow to cool with wax paper left on top for one hour.
- Once cooled, cut into squares. Place on plate for serving or store in an air tight container. You can store up to three days, but I’m not sure they will last that long 🙂
Easy to prepare, easy to enjoy!! This provides that same treat others enjoy without the gluten and milk. Be sure that your rice cereal does not have gluten in it.
~ Enjoy ~
Laura D. Field
Reflective Tapestry of Life
Writer, Blogger, Proofreading & editing, Freelance contributor