A new treat that I made this year, sampled by our daughters and shared with others is this new recipe I created using oatmeal, peanut butter and milk free chocolate. It is a moist treat, and after sampling and trying to figure out a simple, yet fun, name for them, it was decided to name them after her. I hope that you enjoy them as our family has.
“Oh Holly” Oatmeal Chocolate Bars
- 4 c quick oats
- 2/3 c non-dairy butter substitute such as Earth Balance (or non-dairy margarine)
- 1/2 c Light Karo syrup
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- TOPPING: 1 c Enjoy brand chocolate bits (or other non-dairy chocolate chips)
- TOPPING: 2/3 c peanut butter
- Combine your non-dairy butter substitute and sugar.
- Add in the oatmeal, Karo syrup and vanilla.
- Take this mixture and press into an un-greased 13 x 9 x 2″ glass pan.
- Bake at 350 degree F – 15 min, then cool.
- TOPPING: Melt chocolate bits and peanut butter together.
- Spread this over the baked mixture
- When the topping has set (hardened), cut into bars.
Enjoy these delicious oatmeal treats using gluten and milk free products. When people shy away from gluten free items, they can be missing out on some great treats!!
Laura – Gluten and Milk Free Lifestyle
Laura D. Field
Reflective Tapestry of Life
Writer, Blogger, Proofreading & editing, Freelance contributor