Many recipes require one to coat their fish with bread crumbs, yet the gluten free ones can be a little pricey so I do not always have it on hand. Yet, being one who enjoys having fish a few times a week, I wanted something a little different using what I already had in my pantry. It turned out to be quite good!! Hope you enjoy as well.
OVEN BAKED GLUTEN & MILK FREE HADDOCK
Serves 2 – Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- 1/2 c Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 tbls Chia seeds
- 1 tbls Dried onion flakes (you can make these in a dehydrator, but consider doing it in the summer months so that your windows are open)
- Salt & Pepper as desired (I might use a 1/4 tsp of pepper & will recommend the same on salt, yet I tend not to use salt in my baking)
- 3 tbls water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound haddock fillets
- Coconut oil spray or coconut oil to grease glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Place baking mix and dry seasonings in bowl and mix well.
- Combine 3 Tbsp and egg and whisk together
- Dip haddock fillets egg & water mixture until well coated
- Dredge haddocks in biscuit mix
- Coat your glass baking dish with coconut oil (or spray with coconut oil spray)
- Place in baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees until crisp.
- Serve with some gluten & milk free tartar sauce (this can be made from scratch as well)
- Serve with your favorite green veggies & maybe some homemade applesauce.
Please be sure to leave feedback, and consider following here and/or on Facebook
Laura D. Field
Reflective Tapestry of Life
Writer, Blogger, Proofreading, Editing, Freelance contributor