How does one achieve a smooth tasting strawberry shake that is healthy and milk free? It has taken a bit of experimenting, but for my taste buds I have come up with a recipe that is simple and quite flavorful. Best of all it does not contain the milk sensitivity issues.
STRAWBERRY SMOOTH MILK FREE SHAKE
Serves 1 – 16oz beverage – okay, if you must, you can make it into 2 servings to share with a friend, also cutting the calories in half.
- 1 c coconut milk (I prefer the sweetened so that I do not have to add other sweetener)
- 1 c frozen coconut frozen/vanilla dessert (SoDelicious)
- 1 c freshly frozen strawberries
- 1 pkg. Stevia (optional – if not using sweetened coconut milk)
- In your blender (using the crush setting) blend your frozen vanilla dessert and frozen strawberries.
- Once blended, add your coconut milk (and sweetener if needed) and blend on medium until nice and smooth.
- Pour into a 16 oz glass and add a straw…or consider a spoon, because this is a thick shake and is enjoyable.
Without the Agave or other sweetener, total calories for the complete 24 oz drink is 227 calories. Add the agave and you will add another 60 calories, yet still producing a healthy shake option under 300 calories.
Personally, I find it perfect for my morning breakfast when I am working away at my writing, or heading out for a busy day of errands providing you with a nutritious and palate pleasing jump to your day.
Great for mid-day or evening meal, most especially on a hot or busy day when you come home and do not want to cook.
Keep the freezer stocked with berries and non-dairy frozen dessert, just for those moments you need to splurge 🙂
Enjoy and continue to eat healthy,
Please post your comments 🙂 I would love to hear from you!!
And, if interested, be sure to follow on Facebook
Laura D. Field
Reflective Tapestry of Life
Writer, Blogger, Proofreader, Freelance contributor